Thursday, March 29, 2007

Random thoughts

It's close to 1am and I can't sleep. It's this new thing that's happening with my pregnancy. I can't sleep...I've never had this problem before. For the sake of killing time and hoping that I get sleepy I'm going to blog about a bunch of nothingless that probably won't make any sense and I promise it will have lot of spelling errors.

1. I've decided to do a nursery for Ava. We only have a 3 bedroom house and I was using the extra bedroom as a playroom for Ty. I LOVED having a playroom so much that I was even going to forgo decorating a little girls room. My plan was just to put a crib in Ty's room after she outgrew the bassinet and be done with it. However after sorting through all the baby stuff in our garage earlier this week I realized just how much BABY stuff we had. I made the executive decision that the playroom was going to have to combine with Ty's room so Ava could have her own room with all her own stuff. I got excited and spent my free time this week shopping at fabric stores for material to make the bedding and curtains..but had NO luck. I want to do her room in pink and browns. Tonight I took some fabric I bought a few weeks ago (mainly because it was on clearance) and made a bumper out of it. I'm not done yet but I think it turned out pretty cute. The fabric is frilly but funky. It looks like a quilt pieced together with all kinds of girly patterns and colors. I'll post a picture of the finished room when it is completed.

1A. We had to cut back on some of Ty's things so they would all fit into his room. In a spirit of forgiveness (and realizing if the neighbor boys are stealing our toys then maybe they don't have many)...we offered an art table to thier mom. She seemed excited about it. And she told Jeff that she had told her boys to give our toys back when we got home (when we were gone for a week out camping). I guess in their eyes, as long as we aren't home they can help themselves to our stuff as long as we get it back when we return. WHATEVER! I'm over the whole thing...mainly because we haven't had any more problems over the past week.

2. The story behind our dogs. Elle was the rat terrior we had who ran out ALL the time and constantly barked. After her escaping 3 times in one day, I finally gave Jeff the ok to find her a different home. Then about 1 week later while we were camping over spring break we brought our new puppy, Lexi with us. While we were out on a hike it started to storm she got scared and broke through her collar. We searched all over for her and checked the pounds leaving our name and number...but she was MIA.

3. I love, love, love my little boy. I want to freeze time so he can stay little forever. I know every mother thinks thier little person is the greatest and I am no exception. He is a great kid and he says the sweetest and funniest things. He tells me alot that Ava is kicking him and he'll grab his tummy. Tonight he asked me if I wanted to feel her move and he placed my hand on his tummy. His imagination is WILD!

4. I am so excited about the month of April. First there is Easter and then my 2 dearest college friends, Sara and Jenn, are coming to Houston. We are going to have some serious girl time. After their visit we are headed to Phoenix as a family and when we get back I'm going to Dallas to meet up with both of my sisters. When I get back the month is almost over. April is full of friends, fun and family. I am so EXICTED!

5. There is only 95 more days until Ava's due date!

6. We bought Ty a baby doll. He was watching a baby show with me the other day and a kid on it got a doll to pretend that it's their baby sister. After seeing this, Ty asked for his own doll. With Jeff's approval we looked for a manly looking baby doll.. with not much luck. So we let Ty pick out the one he wanted and when we got home I made some baby doll clothes out of a material I brought home from Africa years ago. The first few days he played with it and pretented to feed and rock it. But now all it does is sit on his bed. He told me today that when Ava is born he'll share the doll with her.

7. Has anyone seen Happy Feet? Jeff rented it for Ty earlier this week and it was close to torture watching it. It reminded me of a musical. It was a cartoon musical. I'm not a big fan of musicals and appartnely Ty isn't either...we were both dissapointed.

I'm not out of random thoughts but I am getting tired. Ta ta for now!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

Loved the random thoughts. By the way I can't sleep much either. I'm a tummy sleeper and having to adjust to sleeping on my side has been rough. After a while my sides start to hurt. So I have to get up even if it's in the middle of the night and do something. I'm glad to hear that the boys next door thing is getting better. Cale said to put a sign that says "Will be shot on site." I told him I thought that was a little much for little boys. I'm glad that your doing a little girls room. I can't wait to see it when it's done. Since we are living with my parents I really don't have a room to decorate yet. When we are able to move out I'm going to do Parkers room in a TX/Western theme. This is for Cale because he's so disappointed that his son will not be born a Texan, but instead a yankee. I'm having his Mema (Grandmother) make us a bummer and quilt for his crib. It'll be the TX flag colors with the star. I can't believe I only have like 27 more days till my due date. The doctor said she thinks I'll go before that though. I updated my blog a little. I'll try to work on it some more soon. If your every traveling up to the Northeast with Jeff's job let me know. I wish I could get together with you, Sara, and Jenn. You girls have fun.

Byron said...

Shar bought a doll for Blake before Anna got here. I fought the idea as long as I could, buying my son a doll, but in the end, like in most things, my wife was right and the doll helped big brother Blake how to be soft and kind to a baby, after we told him not to swing the baby around by the leg. Good luck.

The Best Family said...

We bought our boys a doll, too... and it was great... I actually caught Coby with his shirt hiked up and the baby doll underenath... breastfeeding.... nice, I know! and another time, he grabbed his chest and told me, "mommy, these are my nickels and I use them to feed my babies just like you!" So maybe he took it a little too far :o)

I love to hear about their imaginations.... that is so sweet!

We saw Happy Feet over Spring Break at the dollar theater.... I was glad we only paid a dollar to see it... I would have been bummed if we had done the full price movie for it! I thought it was pretty slow moving!

I liked your random thoughts, too... you need to post at 1am more often! :o) Hope you get some sleep!

Minnesota Mommy said...

Random thoughts huh? They all made sense to me but then again I am pregnant too - 25 weeks now... July is forever away... I am not going to be able to make it to TX next week - with the new job and saving up time for maternity leave and of course the cost of a flight, it just won't work for me. Believe me I am bummed because it would have been fun to all be together and have girl time!

Can't wait to see pics of Ava's room!! Emma's room will be all ready in about two weeks - we had to build on because we only had two bedrooms originally but we'll have three soon and then a girly little nursery yet again... probably my favorite part of pregnancy is the baby clothes shopping and decorating the nursery...